The Department of College Education was set up in 1958 for the administration and development of College education in the Rajasthan State. In 1958 there were only 40 Colleges (24 Government, 13 Aided and 3 Unaided) under its Control. The Department is working under the control and administration of the Director of College Education, Rajasthan, Jaipur. The department plays an important role in bringing about the quantitative and qualitative improvement in the higher education in the State.
Rajasthan College Education Department At A Glance
|Non Government Colleges||
|Private Colleges (Aided and Unaided)||
Sh. Naveen Jain
|Sections In Directorate (These sections perform different tasks)||
A. Establishment section
B. Planning & Coordination section
C. Academic section
D. Legal Section
E. Account section
F. Personnel section
G. Grant-in-aid section
Department of College Education Activities
- Management of existing government colleges.
- Opening new colleges in public sector.
- Providing aid to aided institutions.
- Issuing permanent and temporary NOC to private colleges.
- Distribution of scholarship to students.
- Ensuring quality of Higher Education in the State.
Department of College Education,
Block-IV, Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Shiksha Sankul,
Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg,