The history of power developemnt in Rajasthan goes back to the year 1949, when 19 princely states merged to form Rajasthan. At that time, electric power was confined to very few towns and electricity was considered a luxury. The total number of towns and villages electrified at that time did not exceed 42 and the installed gererating capacity was only 13.27 MW. However, with the formation of Rajasthan State Electricity Board (RSEB) on 1st july 1957, power sector in Rajasthan received priority and power projects began to mushroom all over State.
Rajasthan State Electricity Board Companies
Government of Rajasthan on 19th July 2000, issued a gazette notification unbundling Rajasthan State Electricity Board into five different companies so that board will run efficiently.
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd.(RVUN), the generation Company.
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd.,(RVPN), the transmission Company.
- Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.,(JVVNL) , a regional distribution company.
- Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.(AVVNL) a regional distribution company.
- Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.(JdVVNL) a regional distribution company.
Rajasthan State Electricity Board Companies Functions
- The Generation Company owns and operates the thermal power stations at Kota and Suratgarh, Gas based power station at Ramgarh, Hydel power station at Mahi and mini hydel stations in the State.
- The Transmission Company operates all the 765 kV,400kV, 220 kV and 132 kV electricity lines and system in the State.
- The three distribution Companies operate and maintain the electricity system below 132kV in the State in their respective areas.
Rajasthan State Electricity Board
Vidyut Bhawan, Jaipur, Rajasthan
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org