Pali was previously known as Palika and Palli. Pali also knew as the trade center and ruled by many kingdoms. In 11th century Guhilas of Mewar, in the 12th century, it was the part of Nadol kingdom and ruled by Chauhan clan. Chalukya Kumarpal ruled it in 1153 AD. Later Songara Chauhans of Jalore takes control of Pali. Later on, Pal became the part of the Mewar kingdom until 1949.