Sur Sagar Palaces were constructed on large rectangular platforms. These platfroms are made of white Makrana marble. There are two palaces, one each for gents and ladies. The palace belongs to men was used by the king and the other royal men and the palace belongs to ladies was used by Queens and other royal ladies.
There are two large halls constructed for each palace maids and servants. The palace has security walls, carved domes and arches with a open grounds which were used to house elephants and horses. After the agreemnet between the Marwar and British Government in 1817, these palaces become the residence and office of the British Ambassador in 1838. In the meeting hall, Jodhpur’s first post office was opened.
By Road: Sur Sagar Palaces is located at a distance of 10 km from Jodhpur city. One can easily reach here by bus or taxi.
By Rail: Sur Sagar Palaces is well connected through nearest Jodhpur Railway station to major cities railway stations like Delhi, Agra, Mumbai, Chennai, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Ahmedabad.
By Air: Sur Sagar Palaces can be reach through nearest Jodhpur Airport (6 km) which is well connected with regular domestic flights to Delhi, Mumbai.