Tijara Fort is an architectural jewel located at hilltop in Tijara city of Alwar district. Constructed at the end 18th century, Tijara Fort has colonial influence in its design with a magnificent amalgmation of Rajput and Afghan style of architecture. A unspoiled beauty of Tijara Fort and its high hill countryside presents different colorful sightseeing all around the hill. Its hanging gardens are perfect for panoramic sight view from hilltop with lush green surroundings.
Maharaja Balwant Singh started the construction work of Tijara Fort in 1836 AD. He called up famous architects from Kabul and Delhi for the construction of Tijara Fort. Tijara fort construction completed in 13 years.
Tijara Fort has two palaces called as Rani Mahal and Mardana Mahal. Rani Mahal or Queen Palace was made for queens and Mardana Mahal or Kings Palace was for Kings. Gardens, Aam Khas and Hawa Mahal are some other attractions in the fort,
Now Tijara Fort becomes Rajasthan’s first public-private partnership project as restoration work has been done by Neemrana Group of Hotels, it is running a high hospitality heritage hotel in it. Rare art workmanship can be seen its each room of the Palaces.
By Road: Tijara Fort is located at 5 km from Tijara city and 60 km from Alwar city. One can easily reach Tijara Fort by taking local cabs from Tijara City.
By Rail: Tijara Fort is well connected through nearest Alwar Railway station to major cities railway stations like Delhi, Agra, Mumbai, Chennai, Bikaner, Pali, Jaipur, Ahmedabad.
By Air: Tijara Fort can be reach through nearest Jaipur Airport (226 km) and IGI Delhi Airport (97 km) which is well connected with regular domestic flights to Delhi, Mumbai and other cities.
Leave a Message