Raj Ranchhodji Temple is the red stone temple of Lord Krishna, whose one name out of many names is Ranchhod. This Raj Ranchhod ji temple was constructed by queen Jadechi Rajkanwar after the death of her husband Maharaja Jaswant Singh in 1905 AD.
Queen established that Raj Ranchhodji idol which she had carried her with her marriage from Gujarat. With the marvelous carvings on the temple, the main idol is made up of black marble and the main entrance door of the temple has stained glass windows of green, yellow and blue color.
Beautiful and traditional Rajasthani art and culture can be seen at the temple. Priests of the temple also belong to Gujarat, which Queen had brought with the idol. Now their Descendents are priests of the temple.
Raj Ranchhodji Temple Timings: 06:30am to 12:00pm and 05:00pm to 09:00pm
By Road: Raj Ranchhodji Temple is located at a distance of 3.5 km from Jodhpur city. One can easily reach here by bus or taxi.
By Rail: Raj Ranchhodji Temple is well connected through nearest Jodhpur Railway station to major cities railway stations like Delhi, Agra, Mumbai, Chennai, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Ahmedabad.
By Air: Raj Ranchhodji Temple can be reach through nearest Jodhpur Airport (6 km) which is well connected with regular domestic flights to Delhi, Mumbai.
Wrong photo. Temple is constructed with Jodhpur Pink Marble Stone.