The Vijaya Stambh, established by Maharana Kumba in Chittorgarh is a nationalistic master work built to remember the triumph of the kingdom over the trespasser Modammed Khilji. The tower is adorned memorably with Hindu God and Goddess.
Chittorgarh Fort was established in the 7th century A.D and extended over an area of 700 acres. As per the ancient tale the city was established by the Pandava warrior Bhima.
The Jaimal and Patta palaces belonged to Rathore Jaimal and Sisodia Patta. These palaces are the last one, which was built enclosed by the location of the Chittorgarh.
Jaimal and Patta palaces are located on a pebbly surface that ascends from the southern part of the Gomukh Kund.
Kirti Stambh is a 22 meters tower and was established by the first Jain Tirthankar and is committed to Adinath. Constructed in Solanki style architecture, it has balconies and windows.
Meera Bai temple was built in North Indian manner, which has an open arcade in the region of the chamber with four pavilions in each angle.
Padmini Palace was built for Queen Padmini whose awesome beauty attracted Allauddin Khilji and as a consequense of which he destroyed Chittorgarh.
Fateh Prakash Palace is famous for a big lord Ganesh idol, a large fountain and some frescos. It was built by Rana Fateh Singh.
Rana Kumbha Palace is a 15th century monumental palace where Rana Kumbha lived. This historic monument is very popular among tourists due to its charming and artistic architecture.
City Palace, a palatial buildings in Udaipur is the largest amongst its kind in Rajasthan. Maharana Udai Mirza Singh constructed this beautiful palace in 1559 and declared as the capital of the Sisodia Rajput clan.
It is situated on the banks of the Pichola Lake.
Pichola Lake is a artificial lake, constructed in 1362 A.D and named after the Picholi village. This lake developed from a Dam that was constructed in order to meet the drinking and irrigation requirement of Udaipur.
Maharana Udai Singh, the king was highly impressed by the surroundings of the lake and he decided to build the city of Udaipur on the banks of this lake.
Lake Palace was bulit by Maharana Jagat Singh as a summer retreat in the year 1743. This Palace is situated on the Jag Niwas Island amist the Pichola Lake.
Now, this beautiful architectural building, arorned with pink stones is transformed into a 5 star hotel.
Fateh Sagar is one of the 4 beautiful lakes of Udaipur. This aritificial lake was developed in the year 1678 by Maharana Fateh Singh and because of its blue water and green sorrounding, has heen nick named as ‘ Second Kashmir’. There are three small islands situated amidst the lake.
Jag mandir is popularly known as the Lake Garden Palace. This construction of this palace was started by Maharana Amar Singh in the year 1551 and later was completed by Maharana Jagat Singh in the year 1652.
The pavilion of the palace is decorated with magnificent stone elephant structure.
The City Palace Museum, a part of City palace was opened for public in the 1969 as a source of income for the maintenance of the palace. Presently the museum is run by the Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation. There is an armory museum here displaying a vast collection of protective weapons, and arms.
The pictures and photographs of the royal families are displayed in the museum, which depicts the history, culture, and tradition of the Maharanas of Mewar.
The Jagdish Temple is a part of the City palace. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu Lord Vishnu and is considered as the largest temple of the city.
This Temple was constructed by Maharana Jagat Singh of Udaipur in 1651, which represented the Indo-Aryan architectural style.
Saheliyon Ki Bari which means ‘Garden of the Maids of Honour’, was constructed by Maharana Sangram Singh in the 18th century for the royal women. The main highlights of the garden are the fountains, which were imported from England.
All the fountains are constructed in the form of birds spurting water from their beaks It is said that the king himself designed this beautiful garden, and gifted it to his queen who was accompanied by 48 maids after her marriage