Department of Environment, Rajasthan
The Government of Rajasthan has established Department of Environment in Sept, 1983. Department of Environment is established with an aim to provide better air, water and land to the forth-coming generations. The Environmental Information System (ENVIS) Centre at Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board,Jaipur has been established under the ENVIS - project of the Ministry of Environmental and Forest,Government of India to facilitate generation and dissemination of information on various facets of environment of Rajasthan.
Department of Environment Objectives
Government of Rajasthan on 19th July 2000, issued a gazette notification unbundling Rajasthan State Electricity Board into five different companies so that board will run efficiently.
- Matters connected with Environment and Ecology and to function as a Nodal Department for all matters pertaining to:-
(a) Preservation of Ecological Balance.
(b) Research and Studies on Environmental Matters.
(c) Activities directly or indirectly connected with Environment.
- Prevention and control of soil, water, sound and atmospheric pollution including all matters connected with the Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board.
- All establishment matters relating to offices and staff under the administrative control of the Department except matters allotted to the Department of Personnel, General Adm. Forests and Finance Department.
- All matters connected with Rajasthan State Bio-Diversity Board.
Rajasthan State Biodiversity Board (RSBB)
The National Biodiversity Authority (NBA) was established in 2003 to implement India’s Biological Diversity Act (2002). The NBA is a Statutory, Autonomous Body and it performs facilitative, regulatory and advisory function for the Government of India on issues of conservation, sustainable use of biological resources and fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising out of the use of biological resources.
Funstions of Rajasthan State Biodiversity Board
- To make people aware of the biodiversity and its importance for human well being.
- Initiating Conservation and Bio-resource Management activities depending upon the PBR of the particular area.
- Identification of Heritage Sites and Sacred Groves of the State & preparation of Management plans of these areas in consultation with the concerning BMCs.
Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board(RSPCB)
The Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board is a body corporate constituted under section 4 of the Water Act, 1974. It was first constituted on 7th February 1975, with the objectives of prevention, and control of water pollution and maintaining or restoring of wholesomeness of water.
Mission & Vision
- Pollution free, healthy and sustainable environment
- Create an enabling atmosphere and foster appropriate partnership in environmental governance in the state of Rajasthan
Contact : Department of Environment
Phone No :
Email Id :
Website : http://environment.rajasthan.gov.in/