Department of Local Self Government, Rajasthan
The Department of local self Government (LSG Rajasthan) is the controlling Department of all municipalities for all administrative purposes. It also performs monitoring and co-ordination function at the state level for all the 184 municipal bodies of the state. This Department has a directorate to look after the day to day functioning of all these Urban Local Bodies.
After enactment of 74th Constitutional Amendment Act, the Local Bodies, which were previously not the part of the Constitution of India, have now been assigned the Constitutional Status. There are 5 Corporations, 30 Councils, 19 Class II, 58 Class III and 72 Class IV ULBs in the State.
Functions of LSG, Rajasthan
- Appointment of OICs/Advocate in Court Cases, vetting of reply, opinion on judgment, decision for appeal or no appeal, scrutiny of Bye-Laws and Rules and Amendments in Acts and Rules.
- Approval of Budget of ULBs and released of funds regarding Special Grant, General Grant, SFC, TFC, Grant (in Lieu of Octroi) and State/Centrally Sponsored Schemes/Programme.
- Disposal of matters related to transfer, establishment, DPCs related to officers and staff of ULBs, DDR offices and Directorate.
- Extension and Exclusion of Municipal boundary, Election of Municipal Boards.
- Implementation of HRD Plan for elected representatives, and officials of ULBs.
- Implementation of Poverty Alleviation and social responsibilities Programmes.
- Issuance of Financial, Administrative and Technical Sanctions which are not in the Jurisdiction of the elected board.
- Preparation of Annual Plan/District Plan/Action Plan/DPRs related to various GoI/GoR schemes/Programmes,
- Process of cases received from ULBs regarding sale of land/allotment, regularization of Kachi Basties and Agricultural land, conducting Kachi Basti Survey
For controlling all Urban Local Bodies, following Cell have been established in the Department:
- Accounts Section headed by Chief Account Officer from Rajasthan Accounts Services, supported by Sr. A.O.
- Engineering Cell headed by Superintending Engineer
- Land and RMS Establishment Section headed by Additional Director from Rajasthan Administrative Services
- Legal Cell headed by Assistant Legal Remembrancer
- Project Cell headed by Project Director from All India Services supported by Dy. Director and Sr. A.O.
- SME Cell headed by Dy. Director (Administration) from R.A.S.
- Statistics Cell headed by Deputy Director (St.)
- TFC Cell headed by Mission Director from All India Services supported by AEn
- Vigilance Cell headed by R.A.S officer
Apart the various sections of the department, there are 6 Deputy Director Regional (DDR) Local Bodies Department offices situated in Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer ,Bikaner, Udaipur . These offices are the extensions of the Directorate of Local Bodies.
For News and Notifcations of Department Of Local Self Government : Visit http://oasis.rkcl.in/dlb/StaticPages/HomePage.aspx?did=8
G-3 Rajmahal Residencial Area,C-Scheme
Near Civil Line Phatak,Jaipur-16, Rajasthan
Phone No :
Email Id :
Website : lsg.urban.rajasthan.gov.in