Rajasthan State Electricity Board
The history of power development in Rajasthan goes back to the year 1949 when 19 princely states merged to form Rajasthan. At that time, electric power was confined to very few towns and electricity was considered a luxury. The total number of towns and villages electrified at that time did not exceed 42 and the installed generating capacity was only 13.27 MW. However, with the formation of Rajasthan State Electricity Board (RSEB) on 1st July 1957, power sector in Rajasthan received priority and power projects began to mushroom all over State.
Rajasthan State Electricity Board Companies
Government of Rajasthan on 19th July 2000, issued a gazette notification unbundling Rajasthan State Electricity Board (RSEB) into five different companies so that board will run efficiently.
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd.(RVUN), the generation Company.
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd.,(RVPN), the transmission Company.
- Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.,(JVVNL), a regional distribution company.
- Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.(AVVNL) a regional distribution company.
- Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.(JdVVNL) a regional distribution company.
Rajasthan State Electricity Board Companies Functions
- The Generation Company owns and operates the thermal power stations at Kota and Suratgarh, Gas based power station at Ramgarh, Hydel power station at Mahi and mini hydel stations in the State.
- The Transmission Company operates all the 765 kV,400kV, 220 kV and 132 kV electricity lines and system in the State.
- The three distribution Companies operate and maintain the electricity system below 132kV in the State in their respective areas.
Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd
Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (RVUN) has been entrusted with the job of development of power projects under state sector, in the state along with operation & maintenance of state owned power stations.
Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd
RVPN Provides the pathway for power within whole of Rajasthan. RVPN owns, builds, maintains and operates the high-voltage electric transmission system that helps to keep the lights on, businesses running and communities strong. RVPN also owns the shared generating projects as representative of erstwhile RSEB.
Website : www.rvpn.co.in
Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd
Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd is engaged in distribution and supply of electricity in 12 districts of Rajasthan, namely Jaipur, Dausa, Alwar, Bharatpur, Dholpur, Kota, Bundi, Baran, Jhalawar, Sawaimadhopur, Tonk and Karauli.
Website : www.jaipurdiscom.com
Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd
The Ajmer Discom has been created with the principal object of engaging in the business of distribution and supply of electricity in 11 districts of Rajasthan, namely Ajmer, Bhilwara, Nagaur, Sikar, Jhunjhunu, Udaipur, Banswara, Chittorgarh, Rajsamand, Doongarpur and Pratapgarh.
Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd
Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd engaged in distribution and supply of electricity in 10 districts of Rajasthan, namely Jaisalmer, Barmer, Jalore, Sirohi, Pali, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Churu, Hanumangarh,and Shri GangaNagar.
Contact : Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited
Bhavani Singh Marg , Jaipur-302005
Email Id :
Website : http://www.rvunl.com/index.html