Department of Mines and Geology, Rajasthan
The Department of Mines and Geology (DMG) of Rajasthan state, with headquarters at Udaipur, has a reputation for being among the best organized DMGs in the country. It comprises a core team of 79 Geo-scientists, 61 Mining Engineers, 7 Scientists in the Chemical Laboratory and 7 engineers in the Drilling Wing. This extensive technical prowess is combined with state-of-the-art equipment and techniques for mineral exploration.
They include Remote Sensing and Geophysical surveys while also providing Chemical, Ceramic and Ore Dressing laboratories. The latest venture of the Department is the Vision 2020 -Strategy for Sustainable Mineral Development’. It is a lucid projection of the directions and priorities of the department in the first twenty years of this century.
Functions of DMG Rajasthan
- Search, prospecting and systematic development of mineral deposits.
- Mineral administration including grant of leases, collection of revenue, dead rent, ensure systematic and environment friendly mining etc.
- Adopt adequate measures for protection of environment in mines & restoration of mined out areas.
- Take adequate measures to promote export of minerals & establishment of export oriented units (EOU).
- Construct approach roads to mines and quarries.
List of Mineral Based Industries in Rajasthan
|1.||Cement Plants (Major)||16|
|2.||Cement Plants (Mini)||9|
|3.||Cement Plants (Tiny)||130|
|5.||Fertilizer (Single super phosphate/urea)||8|
|6.||Glazed Tiles and Ceramic||3|
|7.||Granite Cutting & Polishing units||About 300 (Including 8 Gang Saw Plants)|
|8.||Insulator (L.T. & H.T.)||1|
|9.||Lead Zinc Beneficiation Plants||3|
|10.||Marble Cutting & Polishing units||1100 Gang Saw 50 Tiling Plants|
|13.||Super Zinc Smelter||1|
|15||Quartz and Felspar Grinding and Pulvarizing Units||300|
Department of Mines & Geology,
Shastri Circle, Udaipur (Raj) - 313001
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.dmg-raj.org/