Rajasthan Agriculture Department
Rajasthan has 342 thousand sq. Km area of total land area of India, which makes it the largest state of India. After the integration of all the different princely estates of Rajasthan, Rajasthan Agriculture Deapartment was established in 1949. In 1952 its expansion separated many departments such as Animal Husbandary Deapartment. By the 1955, a complete structure of Rajasthan Agriculture Department was established. With regards to Agriculture structure, the State is divided in 10 Agro Climate Zone, 33 Districts and 68 clusters (Sub Districts).
Objectives and Functions of DOA Rajasthan
- To achieve self-sufficiency in food production.
- To increase Agricultural production and income of farmers / farm labours.
- To promote sustainable use of Natural Resources such as Land and Water.
- To promote Soil Health Management and Integrated Nutrient Management.
- Promote Crop Diversification.
- Promote use of agricultural inputs based on recommendation of soil and water testing.
- To ensure availability and quality of agricultural inputs.
- Promote Organic Farming.
- To promote Integrated Pest – Disease Management system.
- To transfer modern agriculture technique developed by technical institutes and scientists.
- To promote agricultural mechanization to carryout agriculture operation timely.
- To promote mixed-intensive farming for increased employment opportunities and income per unit area.
- To develop scientific farming techniques for making agriculture more remunerative for farmers.
- To increase the production of certain agricultural commodities, so that raw material for industries is available for increased exports.
- To reduces cost of cultivation and strive for holistic development of farmer.
- Crop insurance to protect farmer against natural disasters and monsoon failure.
- To initiate programme that help to increase per capita incomes of farmer in back ward areas as well as for SC/ST.
- To promote women empowerment in agriculture.
- Organize training on various aspects of agro techniques for their mass dissemination.
- Quick and effective solutions of day to day problems of farmers.
DOA Rajasthan Important Links
Check Ciculars and Notice : Click Here
Rajasthan Agriculture Department Recruitment : Click Here
Check Shemes and Programmes : Click Here
For Weather / Crop Insurance : Click Here
Rajasthan State Agriculture Marketing Board
The role of Agriculture Marketing is crucial in post harvest technology of agriculture production. In the absence of remunerative prices of the producers, agriculture production gets a setback. In view of this, the State Government acknowledged the importance of regulated markets so as to ensure fair return to the farmers. With this purpose in mind the Government promulgated Rajasthan Agriculture Produce Market Act in the year 1961 which came into force in the year 1964.
They are also responsible for the general development of market yards by way of providing necessary amenities and facilities.
Functions of Rajasthan State Agriculture Marketing Board
The main purpose for the accomplishment of which the Board has been set up are summarised as follows :
- Construction of market yards and sub yards for transfer to market committees.
- Giving aid to financially weaker market committees in the form of loans and grants.
- Undertaking education and publicity in relation to matters of marketing of agricultural produce in the state.
- Grading and standardization of agricultural produce.
- Training of Officers and staff of market committees and to organize camps, workshop, seminars and conferences.
- To provide technical and administrative assistance to market committees; and
- To help the farmers in accidental cases.
- Any other purpose connected with agricultural marketing with prior approval of the State Govt.
- Development of post harvest technology and management activities.
- Export promotion of Agro-food commodities from Rajasthan.
- Promotion of Agri-food business in the Sate.
- Promotion of Value addition activities.
- Training programme of development of HRD in marketing sector.
Contact : Department of Agriculture (DOA)
Pant Krishi Bhawan, Janpath,
C-Scheme,Jaipur – 302 005(Rajasthan)
Phone No :
Email Id :
Website : http://agriculture.rajasthan.gov.in