During the formation of Rajasthan, only three institutions of Public Service Commision existed in Rajasthan namely in the states- Jodhpur , Bikaner and Jaipur. Later, Rajasthan Public Service Commission was established on 16th August 1949 and is the Chief commission of Government of Rajasthan for conducting recruitment exams, making policys for recruiting officers to various departments of the government. It involves in the recruitment from Clerical cadre to Rajasthan Administrative Services and Rajasthan Police Services. RPSC conducts a examination known as RAS/RTS Competitive Exam for recruiting officers of RAS, RPS, RTS and Rajasthan Sub-ordinate Services. Dr. Habeeb Khan is the present chairman of the Rajasthan public Service Commission department. He is an IPS by profession and is responsible for taking all the important decission of the department.
RPSC Rules and Acts-
In the year 1951 in order to regulate the working of the Commission, the Rajpramukh issued the following Regulations under the provisions of the Constitution of India.
- The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (Conditions of Service) Regulation,1951 and
- The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (Limitation of Functions) Regulation,1951.
The Various recruiting exams conducted by RPSC are listed below-
- Rajasthan Administrative Services(RAS)
- Rajasthan Police Services(RPS)
- Rajasthan Accounts Services(R.Ac.S)
- Rajasthan State Insurance Service
- Rajasthan Industries Service
- Rajasthan Tourism Service
- Rajasthan Commercial Taxes Service
- Rajasthan Co-operative Service
- Rajasthan Transport Service
- Rajasthan Labour Welfare Service
- Rajasthan Jail Service
- Rajasthan Food & Civil Supplies Service
- Rajasthan Employment Service
- Rajasthan Industries Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Tehsildar Subordinate Service.
- Rajasthan Land and Building Tax Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Devasthan Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Excise Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Commercial Taxes Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Food & Civil Supplies Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Cooperative Subordinate Service
Dr. Habeeb Khan
Rajasthan Public Service Commission
Jaipur Road, Ajmer
Fax– +91-145-2425500, 2627643
Official Website– http://www.rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/