Kumbhalgarh is just 9 kms from Ranakpur and known for its pilgrimage sites .
Kumbhalgarh Fort- Kumbhalgarh Fort was built in the 15th century by King Rana Kumbha and is located on the banks of the River Banas. Tourists in large numbers flock the fort as it is the second most important fortress of the state of Rajasthan. This huge fort is surrounded by 13 peaks, watchtowers, and bastions. Kumbhalgarh Fort is spread over 36 km of the Aravallis. It houses a domed palace built by Maharana Fateh Singh. The long winding wall was built to guard against the attacks of enemies, and this wall is supposedly the second to the Great Wall of China for its length.
Neelkanth Mahadeo Temple– Neelkanth Mahadeo Temple, situated near the Kumbhalgarh Fort has a six feet Shivling made of stone and dedicated to Lord Shiva, who is considered to be the only deity of the area. According to history, King Rana Kumbha used to worship this deity, and in an unpleasant incident, he was beheaded by his own son at a time when he was offering prayers at the shrine.
Badal Mahal– Badal Mahal, also known as the ‘Palace of Clouds’ is located at the top of the Kumbhalgarh Fort. This palace has two storeys, and the whole building is divided into two interconnected segments called the Mardana Mahal and the Zanana Mahal.
Parshuram Temple -The Parshuram Temple is located inside an ancient cave and is dedicated to the famous sage Parshuram. It is abelief that the Sage Parshuram meditated here, seeking the blessings of the Hindu deity Rama. Tourists need to step down 500 stairs to reach the cave.
Vedi Temple – Vedi Temple was constructed by Rana Kumbha to honour the sacrifice of the pilgrims and is located very close to the Hanuman Pol of the Kumbhalgarh Fort. The structure of this jain temple was renovated by Maharana Fateh Singh, later and is considered to be the only remnant among all sacrificial places in the country.
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary – Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary situated in the Rajsamand District of Rajasthan and surrounds the Kumbhalgarh fortress. The Kumbhalgarh wildlife includes wolf, leopards, sloth bear, hyena, jackal, jungle cat, sambhar, nilgai, chausingha or the four horned antelope, chinkara and hare. The bird life at Kumbhalgarh is also enjoyable.
Udaipur is about 93 kms from Ranakpur and famously known as City Of Lakes.
City Palace – Udaipur City Palace, a palatial buildings in Udaipur is the largest amongst its kind in Rajasthan. Maharana Udai Mirza Singh constructed this beautiful palace in 1559 and declared as the capital of the Sisodia Rajput clan. Udaipur City Palace is situated on the banks of the Pichola Lake.
Pichola Lake – Pichola Lake is a artificial lake, constructed in 1362 A.D and named after the Picholi village. This lake developed from a Dam that was constructed in order to meet the drinking and irrigation requirement of Udaipur. Maharana Udai Singh, the king was highly impressed by the surroundings of the lake and he decided to build the city of Udaipur on the banks of this lake.
Lake Palace – Lake Palace of Udaipur was bulit by Maharana Jagat Singh as a summer retreat in the year 1743. This Palace is situated on the Jag Niwas Island amist the Pichola Lake. Now, this beautiful architectural building, arorned with pink stones is transformed into a 5 star hotel.
Fateh Sagar Lake – Fateh Sagar Lake is one of the 4 beautiful lakes of Udaipur. This aritificial lake was developed in the year 1678 by Maharana Fateh Singh and because of its blue water and green sorrounding, has heen nick named as ‘ Second Kashmir’. There are three small islands situated amidst the lake.
Gulab Bagh – Gulab Bagh is the largest garden of Rajasthan, spread over 100 acres of land. During 1850′s, Maharana Sajjan Singh took the initiative to built this beautiful garden and was known as Sajjan Niwas Bagh but due to the avaiability of numerous varieties of roses, this garden is also known as Gulab Bagh or Rose Garden.
City Palace Museum – City Palace Museum, known for its rare and ancient collection, is four centuries old museum built in 1559 A.D by Rana Udai Singh II, father of Marana Pratap. Also sometimes this museum refer as Pratap museum. Rana Udai Singh laid the foundation of museum after the birth of his grand son Amar Singh I and on the advice of hermit Goswami Prem Giriji Maharaj.
Vintage Collecton of Classic Car – Vintage Collecton of Classic Car, located in the premises of Garden Hotel, Udaipur is a paradise for vintage car lovers. Inaugurated in February 2000, this ultimate vintage car collection housed in Palace Garage with a matchable setting for such a remarkable collection of age old cars.
Crystal Gallery – Crystal Gallery, Udaipur is the largest private collection of crystal in the world. It has the most exclusive and attractive collections of crystals.
Jag Mandir – Jag mandir is popularly known as the Lake Garden Palace. This construction of this palace was started by Maharana Amar Singh in the year 1551 and later was completed by Maharana Jagat Singh in the year 1652. The pavilion of the palace is decorated with magnificent stone elephant structure.
Maharana Pratap Memorial – Maharana Pratap Memorial overlooking Fateh Sagar Lake, is the historic site in the memory of great Rajput fighter Maharana Pratap and Chetak, his loyal horse located at top of Moti Magri or Pearl Hill.
Bagore Ki Haveli – Bagore Ki Haveli is an old building build in front of the Lake Pichola at Gangori Ghat. It was built by Amir Chand Badwa, the Prime Minister of Mewar in 18 th century.
Dudh Talai Musical Garden – Dudh Talai Musical Garden also known as Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay park, is a magnificent rock garden in Duddhtalaii. It is manage by Urban Development Trust, Udaipur.
Bada Mahal – Bada Mahal also known Garden Palace is a marvelous structure constructed during 17th century. This Bada Mahal also known as the Men’s section of the City Palace, built on a 90 feet high natural rock formation.
Fateh Prakash Palace – Fateh Prakash Palace is constructed during the reign of Maharana Fateh Singh who ruled from 1884 to 1930, this palace was the venue for royal parties and functions.
Monsoon Palace or Sajjangarh Palace – Monsoon Palace or Sajjangarh Palace is a hilltop palace located at Bansdara Mountain peak at about 944 mtr above sea level. Maharana Sajjan Singh constructed it in 1883 for using it as summer retreat for Mewar Kings.
Ahar Museum – Ahar Museum is known for its various architectural features and sculptures pieces date back to 1700 BC. A historic tenth century metal figure of Buddha is a special attraction in the museum. There are rare pieces of earthen pots which are of historical importance.
Raj Angan – Raj Angan, famously known as ‘Gol Mahal’ is the King’s Courtyard. Raj Angan is a dome shaped, Mughal architecture styled structure built in 1572 by Maharana Udai Singh.
Dil Kushal – Dil Kushal is considered as Women’s section in the City Palace. It is one of the large area of the City Palace built for royal ladies which was added by Maharana Karan later on.
Jagdish Temple – Located near the City Palace, the Jagdish Temple is dedicated to the Hindu Lord Vishnu and is considered as the largest temple in the city. This Temple was constructed by Maharana Jagat Singh of Udaipur in 1651, which represented the Indo-Aryan architectural style.
Jag Mandir Palace – Jag Mandir Palace is a beautiful and luxurious palace on an island in Lake Pichola. Well known as Lake Garden Palace, it’s construction completed in the reign of three Maharana’s of Sisodia Rajputs.
Saheliyon Ki Bari – Saheliyon Ki Bari which means ‘Garden of the Maids of Honour’, was constructed by Maharana Sangram Singh in the 18th century for the royal women. The main highlights of the garden are the fountains, which were imported from England. All the fountains are constructed in the form of birds spurting water from their beaks It is said that the king himself designed this beautiful garden, and gifted it to his queen who was accompanied by 48 maids after her marriage.
Pali is just 101 kms away fom Ranakpur and it is a famous pilgrimage known for its historic temples.
Lakhotia Garden– Lakhotia Garden, one of the famous tourist spots is located in the heart of the Pali City. A beautiful Shiva temple is located in the middle of the garden. This beautiful garden is surrounded by a pond known as Lakhotia and a city tank.
Navalakha Temple– The Navalakha Temple was constructed in the 10th century. This temple is also known as the Naulakha Jain Temple and is dedicated to Parshwanath, the 23rd Tirthankara of the Jain religion and famous for its architectural style.
Somnath Temple– Somnath Temple is located in the main market of Pali. This shrine was built by the King of Gujrat, Kumarpal Solanki in the year 1209 and famous for its shilp art and its rich history. Tourists can see intricate carvings on the Shikar and pinnacle of the temple. There is Shivling inside the Temple along with the idols of Parvati, Ganesha, and Nandi. Raj Kumar Pal Solanki brought this Shiva Linga from the Saurashtra region of Gujarat.
Adishwar Temple– The Adishwar Temple, also known as the Chaumukha Temple, was constructed during the 15th century. This shrine has a architectural style of a Nalinigulm Vimana, a heavenly aircraft. It is one of the largest Jain temples which took 65 years to be completed. The building of the temple has three storeys, 80 domes, and 29 halls. Tourists can see pavilions supported by 1444 pillars at the base of the temple. The innermost part of the temple is adorned with a four faced image of Lord Adinath or Rishabhdev.
Bangur Museum– Bangur Museum, named after Mr. Bangur Juar is one of the popular tourist attractions of the Pali City. It is located every close to the old Bus stand of Pali and exhibits a rare collection of historical and artistic items such as costumes, coins, and arms.
Nimbo Ka Nath– Nimbo Ka Nath is located between Falna and Sanderav route and is one of the popular tourist attractions of pali city. According to Hindu mythology, the Pandavas stayed at this place when they were in exile. Kunti, mother of the Pandavas, worshipped the Hindu deity Shiva here.
Surya Narayana Temple– The Surya Narayana Temple has a unique architectural design which attracts large numbers of tourists.It was constructed in the 15th century. Visitors can see numerous friezes of Lord Surya inside the temple. One of the friezes depicts the deity riding his chariot, drawn by seven horses.
Nathdwara is just 57 kms from Ranakpur and is known for its temples.
Dwarkadheesh Temple– Dwarkadhees Temple is one of the prominent tourist attractions of Nathdwara located in the Kankroli Village. The shrine is dedicated to the Hindu deity Krishna, and the red stone idol of the deity is believed to have been brought from Mathura. This temple belongs to Vaishnavas and the Vallabhacharya sects.
Srinathji Temple– Srinathji Temple, an ancient shrine was constructed in the 12th century and dedicated to the Hindu deity, Lord Krishna. The idol of the deity was beautifully carved out of black marble. The Srinathji Temple is considered as the second richest Indian temple after the Tirupati Temple of Andhra Pradesh. Devoted hearts among tourists who flock this place always make it compulsory to visit this temple.
Charbhuja– Charbhuja, a small town in Nathdwara famous for the Charbhuja Ji Temple. This shrine is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and famous for its exquisite architectural style. This place is also famous for the fort of Bor Rajputs (‘Garhbor’).
Rajsamand– Rajsamand, a small town of Natthwada is located at a distance of 15 km from the city and lies on the banks of the Rajsamand Lake. It is famous for beautiful marble and handloom products. Kankroli Dam, Kumbhalgarh Fort and Haldighati are some of the notable tourist attractions of this place.
Leave a Message