Pali is just 102 kms away fom Kumbhalgarh and it is a famous pilgrimage known for its historic temples.
Lakhotia Garden- Lakhotia Garden, one of the famous tourist spots is located in the heart of the Pali City. A beautiful Shiva temple is located in the middle of the garden. This beautiful garden is surrounded by a pond known as Lakhotia and a city tank.
Navalakha Temple– The Navalakha Temple was constructed in the 10th century. This temple is also known as the Naulakha Jain Temple and is dedicated to Parshwanath, the 23rd Tirthankara of the Jain religion and famous for its architectural style.
Somnath Temple– Somnath Temple is located in the main market of Pali. This shrine was built by the King of Gujrat, Kumarpal Solanki in the year 1209 and famous for its shilp art and its rich history. Tourists can see intricate carvings on the Shikar and pinnacle of the temple.
Adishwar Temple– The Adishwar Temple, also known as the Chaumukha Temple, was constructed during the 15th century. This shrine has a architectural style of a Nalinigulm Vimana, a heavenly aircraft. It is one of the largest Jain temples which took 65 years to be completed.
Bangur Museum– Bangur Museum, named after Mr. Bangur Juar is one of the popular tourist attractions of the Pali City. It is located every close to the old Bus stand of Pali and exhibits a rare collection of historical and artistic items such as costumes, coins, and arms.
Nimbo Ka Nath– Nimbo Ka Nath is located between Falna and Sanderav route and is one of the popular tourist attractions of pali city. According to Hindu mythology, the Pandavas stayed at this place when they were in exile. Kunti, mother of the Pandavas, worshipped the Hindu deity Shiva here.
Surya Narayana Temple– The Surya Narayana Temple has a unique architectural design which attracts large numbers of tourists.It was constructed in the 15th century. Visitors can see numerous friezes of Lord Surya inside the temple. One of the friezes depicts the deity riding his chariot, drawn by seven horses.
Udaipur is about 102 kms from Kumbhalgarh and famously known as City Of Lakes.
City Palace–City Palace, a palatial buildings in Udaipur is the largest amongst its kind in Rajasthan. Maharana Udai Mirza Singh constructed this beautiful palace in 1559 and declared as the capital of the Sisodia Rajput clan. It is situated on the banks of the Pichola Lake.
Pichola Lake- Pichola Lake is a artificial lake, constructed in 1362 A.D and named after the Picholi village. This lake developed from a Dam that was constructed in order to meet the drinking and irrigation requirement of Udaipur. Maharana Udai Singh, the king was highly impressed by the surroundings of the lake and he decided to build the city of Udaipur on the banks of this lake.
Lake Palace– Lake Palace was bulit by Maharana Jagat Singh as a summer retreat in the year 1743. This Palace is situated on the Jag Niwas Island amist the Pichola Lake. Now, this beautiful architectural building, arorned with pink stones is transformed into a 5 star hotel.
Fateh Sagar Lake – Fateh Sagar Lake is one of the 4 beautiful lakes of Udaipur. This aritificial lake was developed in the year 1678 by Maharana Fateh Singh and because of its blue water and green sorrounding, has heen nick named as ‘ Second Kashmir’. There are three small islands situated amidst the lake.
Jag Mandir– Jag mandir is popularly known as the Lake Garden Palace. This construction of this palace was started by Maharana Amar Singh in the year 1551 and later was completed by Maharana Jagat Singh in the year 1652. The pavilion of the palace is decorated with magnificent stone elephant structure.
City Palace Museum- The City Palace Museum, a part of City palace was opened for public in the 1969 as a source of income for the maintainance of the palace. There is an armoury museum here displaying a vast collection of protective weapons, and arms.
Jagdish Temple– The Jagdish Temple is a part of the City palace. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu Lord Vishnu and is considered as the largest temple of the city. This Temple was constructed by Maharana Jagat Singh of Udaipur in 1651, which represented the Indo-Aryan architectural style.
Saheliyon Ki Bari– Saheliyon Ki Bari which means ‘Garden of the Maids of Honour’, was constructed by Maharana Sangram Singh in the 18th century for the royal women. The main highlights of the garden are the fountains, which were imported from England.
Nathwada is just 51 kms from Kumbhalgarh and is known for its temples.
Dwarkadheesh Temple– Dwarkadheesh Temple is one of the prominent tourist attractions of Nathdwara located in the Kankroli Village. The shrine is dedicated to the Hindu deity Krishna, and the red stone idol of the deity is believed to have been brought from Mathura. This temple belongs to Vaishnavas and the Vallabhacharya sects.
Srinathji Temple– Srinathji Temple, an ancient shrine was constructed in the 12th century and dedicated to the Hindu deity, Lord Krishna. The idol of the deity was beautifully carved out of black marble. The Srinathji Temple is considered as the second richest Indian temple after the Tirupati Temple of Andhra Pradesh. Devoted hearts among tourists who flock this place always make it compulsory to visit this temple.
Charbhuja– Charbhuja, a small town in Nathdwara famous for the Charbhuja Ji Temple. This shrine is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and famous for its exquisite architectural style. This place is also famous for the fort of Bor Rajputs (‘Garhbor’).
Rajsamand– Rajsamand, a small town of Nathwada is located at a distance of 15 km from the city and lies on the banks of the Rajsamand Lake. It is famous for beautiful marble and handloom products. Kankroli Dam, Kumbhalgarh Fort and Haldighati are some of the notable tourist attractions of this place.
Ranakpur is just 9 kms from Kumbhalgarh and known for its pilgrimage sites .
Ranakpur Jain Temple-The Ranakpur Jain Temple is counted among the five important pilgrimage sites of the Jains. The Temple, made of light coloured marble is located on the western side of the Aravalli Range and is dedicated to Lord Adinathji.
Desuri– Desuri is a small village of the Pali District, located at a distance of 16 km from the town of Ranakpur. Temples of Hindu deities like Lord Shiva, Navi Mata, and Lord Hanuman are the highlights of this place. The temple of Parshuram Mahadeo is also located in the hills nearby Desuri.
Muchhal Mahavir Temple– Muchhal Mahavir Temple is located in the Pali District of the Rajasthan and is dedicated to Lord Mahavir. The temple is located in the Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary, about 5 km away from the Ghanerao. This temple is known for the statue of the Hindu Lord Shiva with moustache.
Narlai– Narlai is a small village, which rests in the foothill, 6 km away from the renowned town of Ranakpur. Travellers can find several Jain Temples and Hindu Temples in the region. Among the tourists, the murals and the architecture of the temple of the Lord Adinath, the irst Jain Tirthankara is very popular.
Sadri– Sadri is counted among the important pilgrimage centres of the Pali District of Rajasthan. Earlier, this city was also known as the ‘Gate of Mewar to Marwar’. The place holds immense religious significance for the Jain community. For the visitors going to visit the Ranakpur Temple and Shri Parshuram Mahadev Mandir, this place serves as the base. In addition to the Varahavtar Temple and the Chintamani Parsvanath Temple, the old Dargah of Khudabaksh Baba is also a popular attraction of the place.
Sun Temple– The Sun Temple, also known as the Surya Narayan Temple, is situated in proximity to the Ranakpur Jain Temple. The Lord Sun is shown riding his chariot in this temple.
Leave a Message